Get ready for September…
August has been a crazy month. tindie has grown in multiples of last month which still blows me away. To keep up, a lot has gone on behind the scenes – including overhauling the backend & moving to a new host. This month is setting up next month’s big announcement so just hold onto your Arduinos & Raspberry Pis!
For Buyers & Sellers:
- Source Code! Sellers can add a link to the source code for open source projects
- Documentation links.Sellers can add links to the documentation for their listing
- Anonymous buying! – No longer will buyers have to sign up to make a purchase
- Gravatar support on profiles. Add your gravatar email in Settings to add your gravatar.
- Sellers Cellar. A new forum for sellers to post questions, ideas, and feedback. A place for Sellers to hangout…
- Markdown. Descriptions are now in Markdown, not HTML. This was done as a security concern. As the site grows, that has become my top priority.
- Markdown Preview. To help with the transition, I added a Markdown Preview under the Edit Description field so you can see how your description will appear. If you have any questions about Markdown, please don’t hesistate to post the question in the Sellers Cellar or shoot me an email!
And to wrap everything up, I was able to get the @tindie Twitter account. I post updates, links and other fun things around the web. If you are on twitter, please follow!
However as one of my old bosses says, rest up! Once September hits, the real fun beings 🙂