June has been a game changer for Tindie. Not only were we invited to participate in the White House’s first ever Maker Faire, we also turned 2!
Tindie founder Emile at the White House
This month, we launched one of our most exciting features to date: Markets. With Tindie Markets, we’ve given full control of categories to you, the community. From now on, you will be able to create any category you want, and add any product to that category.
You can explore our new marketplace here.
Show me the data!
In June, 295 unique products sold. 273 were made by the seller. Only 22 were mass produced, generic supplies.
- United States
- New Zealand
Sales by Category
- 26.1% Tools
- 20.8% Open Hardware
- 19% Sensors
- 12.6% Components
- 6.5% Music
- 15% Other
Top 10 by sales:
- IQaudIO Pi-DAC audio card for the Raspberry Pi
- TrueRNG hardware random number generator
- PiScreen: 3.5″ TFT with touch for the Raspberry Pi
- ADNS-9800 Laser Motion Sensor
- ATtiny85 USB Development Tool Board for Arduino
- Simple silkscreen reference card
- IQaudIO Pi-CASE : GLOSS BLACK acrylic
- HB100 doppler module with backpack
- TinyLoadr Shield – ATtiny + ATmega programmer
- Allegro ACS712 Current Sensor Module 5A/20A/30A
Tindie In the News
14 Makers Who are Changing the DIY World
In Forbes: Tindie Helps You Solve Hardware Problems
In Fast Co: Sound Advice On Making and Selling Hardware